- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: April 27, 2012
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa
Contact: : Jim Shivers or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3237 or (805) 549-3189
DISTRICT 5 MORE THAN $900 MILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED TO DRIVE STATE'S ECONOMIC GROWTH AND IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION
San Luis Obispo - Continuing the push to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has allocated more than $900 million to 61 transportation projects statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to provide the vital funding we need for transportation projects that relieve traffic congestion and improve the quality of life for all Californians,” said Acting Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure is strengthening our economy at a time when we need it the most.”
Approximately $800 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $12 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
- $6.1 Million for the Union Valley Parkway Interchange Project in Santa Maria. Caltrans and the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) are sponsoring this project.
- $30.8 million for the San Juan Road Interchange Project near Prunedale in Monterey County. Caltrans and the Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) are project sponsors.
- $1.7 million to extend and upgrade metal beam guardrail, crash cushions and drainage features on Hwy. 1 in the City of Santa Cruz from the San Lorenzo River Bridge to Laguna Road in order to reduce the number and severity of traffic collisions.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that have received allocations.
# # # #